Sunday, May 2, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4!














Oh the cheerleaders. I am a cheerleader and I think some of the stereotypes can be true, but only to certain people. Some people when they start cheerleading think that they must fulfil these stereotypes. The most common ones are being flat out stupid, being popular, and being snotty. So like any stereotype, some people do live up to the reputation. But it is harsh to just say eevryone who fits into that category is exactly like the stereotype calls them out to be.



So I must admit, some cheerleaders are not that bright. Some are popular. And some are mean. For an example I am going to use myself. I have good grades, I am not popular, and I am pretty nice. I have cheerleader friends who are just like me. So we have obviously proved the stereotype wrong. I have actually been aproached when I was in my uniform by some guy who thought, just because I was a cheerleader, that I was dumb. He talked slowly (on pupose) and tried to use small words. He would stop and ask me if I knew what simple words meant. I was pretty offended. If you are going to be like that towards anyone then you should rethink about what you are really saying.



All I am saying is that cheerleaders are not all dumb, we aren't all popular, and we aren't all incredibly mean. And I would like to add that cheer is a sport. If you don't think so watch the video above and tell me that what we do is not athleticism.



No comments:

Post a Comment