Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just a refresher

So I have talked about preps, jocks, nerds, emos, and band nerds. I guess I have covered the basics. I think different people will take my blog into perspective in different ways. But when I picked this topic I wanted people to see my opinion on who the people behind the stereotypes are. Maybe you will now be more conscience about what you call people. Maybe you don't care. I just want you to think about what I say.





I am going to just go through what I have talked about in my blog so far for this post. I am going to use movies or shows as references and give them ratings.


So first I did preps. In that post I made a reference to the movie Mean Girls. If you have not seen Mean Girls then I must say that it is one of the best and funniest movies I have ever seen. Basically it is about three mean girls in highschool who "adopt" a new girl who moved from Africa. They turn her into one of them and she gets so caught up in their world she forgets who she is. But overall, it is about preppy girls in highschool. Out of five stars it is probably a 4 and 1/2.


For my jock tv show or movie reference I have so many options to choose from. But I think I am going to go with Nick and Shawn from Fired Up. (see right). They are the best football players in their school, they get all the girls, they just seem like complete jocks. When I think of jocks I think Fired Up. It was an ok movie. 3 stars from me. But if you like jocks or movies about cheerleading, then you should watch this. Nick and Shawn are true jocks.




Nerds = My Life As Liz. Hands down. Liz Lee is a ex girly girl who lives in a town where all the girls are like barbie. They are all blonde, tan, and most of them are pretty mean. Liz gets backstabbed by her "friends" and she then starts hanging out with the nerds. Throughout the season you see her go through her senior year as an out of place nerd. I think it gives you a good insight on her way of viewing her peers. It is a great show and it guarantees some laughs. If you have a thing for nerds then you shoudl check it out. I give it 5 stars.


I really could not think of anything for emos. So I will just recap. You should not joke about someone who is struggling with their emotions. It is wrong. You may be pushing a person to their limit. You should try to help, not make fun of them or say that they are emo. They probably won't appreciate it.

I know that there are movies on band camp, but they are highly innappropriate. So for band nerds I will recap again. They are dedicated to what they do. They seem to always be timely considering they must always be on time for their lessons, practices, and concerts. I think the term band nerd could be a compliment. It just means you are good at your instrument. I don't know how others may feel but thats my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment